MODERN DAY SLAVERY POLICY STATEMENT
Pluscrates commits to developing and adopting a proactive approach to tackling hidden labour exploitation across all 5 depots. We will not knowingly use any company or subcontractor who has, in the past, been found to be undertaking such activities or whom we suspect may be capable of or partaking in such exploitation.
Hidden labour and/or modern-day slavery is “The exploitation of job applicants and workers by third party individuals or gangs other than the employer or labour provider including rogue individuals working within these businesses but without the knowledge of management. It includes forced labour and human trafficking for labour exploitation; payment for work-finding services and work-related exploitation such as forced use of accommodation. It is understood that it is often well hidden by the perpetrators with victims if they perceive of themselves as such, reluctant to come forward.”
The directors of Pluscrates Ltd hold overall responsibility for the implementation of this policy across each depot within the company. All staff will endeavour to adhere to all aspects of this policy whilst carrying out their duties.
Pluscrates Ltd shall:
- Designate appropriate managers to complete “Tackling Hidden Labour Exploitation” training and to have responsibility for ensuring that the company does not, either knowingly or unwittingly partake in such practices.
- Accept that job finding fees are a business cost and will not allow these to be paid by job applicants. The Company will not use any individual or organisation to source and supply workers who insist upon charging job searchers for this service.
- Ensure that all staff responsible for directly recruiting workers are trained to be aware of issues around third-party labour exploitation and the signs to look for.
- Ensure that labour sourcing, recruitment and worker placement processes are under the control of trusted and competent staff members.
- Adopt a proactive approach to reporting suspicions of hidden worker exploitation to the Gangmasters Licensing Authority and police. http://www.gla.gov.uk/
- Provide information on how to spot the signs of Modern-day slavery and forced labour to all members of staff responsible for staff and hiring of staff.
- Encourage workers to report cases of hidden third-party labour exploitation, provide the means to do so and investigate and act on reports appropriately.
- Positively encourage and support employees and agency workers to report such exploitation which may be occurring within their communities. This information will be readily available in the staff handbook.
- Require labour providers and other organisations in the labour supply chain to adopt policies and procedures consistent with the above.
If anyone has any information pertaining to any signs of this type of behaviour being carried out by any staff who are employed by Pluscrates, or who work for any sub-contractor employed by Pluscrates we would ask that you contact us directly on 0208 900 0321 or firstname.lastname@example.org for discussion.